Martin Luther King weekend
January 14-16 2022
Courtyard Columbus West/Hilliard
2350 Westbelt Drive
Columbus Ohio 43228
Mention DeCONpression to make your reservation.
|Here are some pictures of the beautiful new hotel!|
- Courtyard Columbus West/Hilliard for 99 USD per night
Please be sure to book your room early! If you think you are going to attend DeCONpression please make a room reservation.
Last Day to Book: December 30, 2021
Membership is currently only $45 and will go up to $50 on January 1st, 2022 and $60 at the door.
Pre-Registering helps us with our planning and puts you in the drawings for prizes. How will we know how much food and booze to buy if you don’t tell us you’re coming beforehand???!!!! Besides, it saves you money! Who doesn’t like to save money?
(For all the awesome people who wait until the last minute to register so that they can pay extra to help with con costs, your wait is over! There are now donation options available here on the website.)
You can now purchase your DeCONpression Memberships and Brunch ONLINE!! Simply choose the items you want then use the View Cart Button to finalize the transaction.
Please read the rules below, select the appropriate registration form at the bottom, and join the convention!
- If you are behaving like an ass by ignoring our staff’s gentle but firm warnings, DeCONpression reserves the right to kick your sorry behind out of the convention, without a refund.
- DeCONpression is for adults only. All events are restricted to persons 18 years of age or older (ID required). “NO MINORS ALLOWED”
- You are required to wear your convention badge in plain view at all times while at or in convention functions. If you lose your badge you will be required to pay full price for a replacement.
- You are responsible to obey the laws of: the City of Columbus, the State of Ohio and the United States of America. For example: Possession of alcohol by anyone under 21 is forbidden, illegal and will not be tolerated here.
- Bladed weapons and the safe handling thereof are your responsibility. Keep it sheathed and keep it secured. For infractions of this rule “NO WARNING” will be given to you prior to your removal from the convention.
- DeCONpression is not responsible for any items lost or stolen during the convention. Please keep an eye on your valuables. A “Lost and Found” area can be found in Operations if needed.
- If you damage hotel property or violate any hotel policies, you are required to pay for the damage and / or any fines as per hotel policy.
- Smoking (or vaping) is not allowed in any convention areas. Smoke in designated areas only. (See Rule #4)
- Full or partial nudity is NOT allowed in public areas where the general public may see you. (Again, See Rule #4)
- If you become intoxicated and as a result then become rude or annoying to other guests, we will escort you to your room if you are staying at the hotel, or call you a cab at your expense if you are not staying at the hotel, for the duration of the evening.
- Photography is not allowed in;
a. The Vendor’s area.
b. Parties or private rooms without the hosts’ permission.
c. The Con-Suite without permission of the Con-Suite staff.
- You are required to provide photo identification, sign a release form, and provide a valid address to receive your convention membership.
- The RULE OF THERMO-NUCLEAR CASCADE REACTION: All Rules are subject to change without notice if deemed necessary by the DeCONpression Chairperson. While some rules have been enhanced for your entertainment pleasure, we take them all very seriously and will enforce them as we deem needed for the safe and productive management of our convention. All rules are subject to interpretation exclusively by the directors of the convention.
- Have fun, get a really big drink, relax and enjoy the convention! Yes! It is a rule, can you deal with it?
THE FINE PRINT:
This membership admits one adult to all basic functions and events at DeCONpression for which it was purchased.
Some designated activities may require Pre-registration and/or payment of a separate, additional fee. In accepting this membership and in consideration of being admitted to DeCONpression, the holder hereby:
a. Agrees to comply with all convention rules and regulations and Releases DeCONpression from any and all liability for loss or damage of any kind.
b. Authorizes and permits DeCONpression and it’s designees to use his/her name, voice, and likeness and all reproduction thereof in all media now or hereafter known for all purposes in perpetuity.
c. Agrees that he/she is not acting in any capacity for federal, state, or local authorities while attending DeCONpression.
DeCONpression reserves the right to deny entry to or remove from the convention facilities any person who, in DeCONpressions’ sole absolute discretion, is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner disruptive to the convention and/or its’ relation with the hotel.
Membership is non-refundable or exchangeable for any reason.
For pdf files: These files must be viewed with Adobe Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, you can download a FREE copy at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html. Then simply click on the flyer link with the left mouse button to view and/or print the flyer with the Adobe Reader plugin. Or to download the flyer to your computer, click and hold with the right mouse button on the flyer link. Then drag down to “Save as” or “Save Link As” in the menu. Then use Adobe Reader to view and print the flyer.